Me and Rudy

Me and Rudy

Monday, May 30, 2011

Baby Eagles?


Recently while playing outside, Caleb and I discovered a bird nest with 3 little eggs inside.  We talked about how important it was for us not to touch the eggs to make sure the mama bird would continue to care for them.  Caleb and I checked the nest everyday, with anticipation.  One afternoon about a week later Caleb comes running inside, and very excited because the eggs hatched.  I quickly followed him back outside to inspect the nest. (mainly to make sure Caleb left them in the nest)  To my surprise we found this:
  Two of the 3 eggs had hatched.  Since the eggs have hatched Caleb feels the need to check on the baby birds everyday.  Well I'm assuming he got a little to close to the one egg  because Caleb once again came running in but this time with big tears.  I questioned him about this and he informed me that the mama "eagle"  had screamed at him.  I could not help but smile and ask Caleb if he touched the babies.  He assured me he didn't touch the babies, just the one egg that had not hatched.  We have enjoyed watching the baby "eagles" everyday.  I'm sure Caleb will be sad when they fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment